Today after school I had a couple goals:
1) Roll down the library lamination machine and continue laminating my posters and the like that I still needed laminated from last year.
2)Clean out the cubby corner: fix lit. circle book sets (tub them and label them), dust, get sci tubs straighten, make science bulletin board area for next year.
3) get the desks into the cubby area to clear the floor.
4) move couch to better spot and put the cushions on.
needless to say I left the building around 8pm.. hungry and with swollen feet.
look at that mess....
|my desk area is a disaster zone. That is tomorrow's mission.|
getting there.. still have to take down some decor from our tiki/summer themed end of year party today.
can't wait to get the couch all setup! score on free couch!! Can you spot Baywatch Frank? He is our newest classroom donation that is beyond totally cool!
I will post some better pics of my sci cubby area later.
I decided that all the above cubby wall space would be dedicated to science.
In lack of a better place for lit. circle book sets they now reside on top of my cabinets.
The To-do list:
- Sand and paint base of spinning book rack and bring it with new bearing.
- Put up books on floor on spinning case.
- Finish science wall posters.
- fix 3 awkward cubbies of extra storage space.
- Put contact paper down under sink... reorganized the now not flooded area
- get a couch cover and vacuum the couch.
- take down all signs on cabinet doors. wrap butcher paper.. recreate door fronts.
- Setup classroom economy -- forms, money, etc.
- beautify filing cabinets
- finish laminating
- finish folder games
- setup native american bulletin board
- setup wall area above whiteboard
- organize game cabinet
- organize storage closet
- cut laminated pieces and sort them.
- setup hanging files
- re-develop reading nook.
- organize readers
- figure out better location of mailboxes.
- setup T.A. desk.
- Get poofs for the ceiling.
- finish unit binders and bring in.
- get electric pencil sharpener of awesomeness.
- Look into area rug for reading nook.
- more book bins
- lids for rest of lit. circl book tubs
- get writing process station setup
- Fix math game shelf.
- create laptop nook--
- straighten cubby island.
and the list continues....