- Name plates/Tags for the students' desk: Decided to go with a luggage tag design, and use the maps I had bought. I still need to buy the blue stock paper to put behind the luggage tag design I have already made below. I also need my class list to print out the students names on the blue paper, to cut out and place on the center of the tag. Then I will laminate them with my thick, tough plastic laminate.
2. Bought My teacher binder: still need to get the dividers so I can start putting it together. (Target)
3. I found pirate bins for my small groups.... went with pirates since that's our mascot (Target dollar bins)
4. I made my map magnets for my board.. or maybe even the front of my desk:
5. For my writing center: (TJ MAX)
6. Objective frames, painted old frames I had in the basement the same as my shelf (martha stewart: sunken pool), then placed scrapbook paper in them.Just need to add magnets or some sort of 3m stuff to stick them up.
NOW for my classroom.... before I have started decorating and organizing.
I think my desk might go in that corner... still working that out though.
Definitely replacing the dusty curtains. And need to find a big rug to cover that awful stain.
Wall for student work. That corner will probably be my reading corner
Cubby corner.. right now has all the desk, filing cabinet, book case and posters in it.
My only storage is those blue cabinets really and on top of them and the cubbies.
As you can see the pile of furniture and stuff I will have to sift through.
Apparently I get a chart cart... Although I don't know where it will fit when I get the desk out and every thing.
On last thing: Not school related but I was proud of my fixing up job on an old jewelry/music box I found at the goodwill outlet store: