- Christmas fair- What craft is each class responsible for. Dec. 3rd is the date set, so just right around the corner.
- Night school is coming back, although the computer lab has to have serious upgrades for this to be permenant.
- Workbooks- talked to company, will be offered reduced price on old versions next year. Still trying to decide what will be done since this new verison is not that great.
- ground works.
- Special Ed strategies
- Behavioural Management strategies- focus on challenging behaviours. Research has shown students need to be sitting face on with teacher and no group seating. (The research wasn't cited in the meeting- but i would like to find out where she got that information. Would be interesting to look at).
- Math educational strategies- 40% of Irish people have trouble with general, everyday math.
- Dyslexia- focus on
- And finally one of big discussion makers: In December 1,500 teachers will lose their jobs (financial cuts- obviously this is not just focused in my school this is the country-- well republic of Ireland at least). Furthermore, class sizes will be increased. Already class sizes are in the high twenties and low 30's. There is going to be a big march in Dublin coming up in a week or two as well as a flash mob on o'Connolly street (which is a very, very busy street) to bring attention to the issue.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Had a staff meeting Monday after school for an update on quite a few upcoming and important things happening at the school: